South Pacific Islands
An Earthly Paradise
There are thousands
of South Pacific Islands. Few of them are world known, but they have one thing
in common, they are so amazingly beautiful that each one of them can run for
the contest of the “Most Beautiful Island of the World”
Please visit our page on South Pacific Beaches
Map of the Islands of the South Pacific
This is a list of
the best known Islands and an explanation about the most important from the
tourism point of view.
- American Samoa
- Solomon Islands
- Cook Islands
- French Polynesia
- New Caledonia
- Marshall Islands
- Western Samoa
Please Click here to Share your Story
Moorea is one of the exotic islands of Tahiti
Tahiti is the main island of the French Polynesia with many attractions
- Tahiti Municipal Market in Papeete – This s bustling market offering
all kinds of local farm products.
- Fautaua Waterfall – It is considered one of the tallest in the world
cascading over volcanic cliffs.
- Point Venus – Located on the tip of the peninsula, it is the landing
place of many including captain Cook.
- Papeete Roulottes – For good shopping in Papeete the capital of Tahiti
- Paul Gauguin Museum – A museum dedicated to his life in French
- James Norman Hall Home – It was the home of famous co-author of Mutiny
on the Bounty, James Norman Hall.
- Maraa Grotto – A lake of black water that creates an optical illusion.
- Museum of Tahiti and her Islands – Located in Punaauia is an exhibit of
Polynesian history and culture.
- Sibani Perles Joallier – This shop is where your partner will by many
pearls to your satisfaction
- Tomb of King Pomare V in Papeete
South Pacific Islands
Fiji Islands offer amazing beaches in all of them
- Viti Levu
- Taveuni Island
- Vanua Levu
- Mana Island
- Mamanuca Islands
- Yasawa Island
- Beachcomber Island
- Qalito Island
- Ovalau Island
Paradisiacal Rarotonga Island one of the Cook Islands
Cook Islands Tourism
- Aroa Beach
A perfect pristine beach on the Island of Tonga
- Tongatapu is Tonga's main island is the home of the Royal Family and
the capital of Nuku'alofa.
- Eua Island is a wild rugged island ideal for hikers in its lush
- Vava'u group has numerous offshore islands to explore, excellent diving
and fishing, and whale watching.
- Ha'apai Group, a group of about 50 small atolls is known for its
magnificent coral reefs and snorkeling.
- Beautiful Beaches of magnificent white sands beaches are a real
highlight for the visitor
- Popular caves- There are many caves including Anahulu on Tongatapu,
with its freshwater pool.
Pacific Princess cruising the South Pacific Islands
South Pacific Cruises
South Pacific Cruises offer the possibility of visiting the islands
without ever leaving your Hotel-Ship. To get there you will have to fly long
distances from the USA West coast or from the Asian or Australian continents.
Once there when you board the cruise line, the rest is pure pleasure and
A visit to the South Pacific islands is an experience anybody should
have at least once in a lifetime.
john eric melsater
new caledonia andeper
all courtesy of wikimedia commons
From South Pacific Islands go to Cook Islands
Go to Travel Insiders Guide Home Page
Copyright Travel Insiders Guide 2012 - 2017