Welcome to World Cuisine, the delicious foods of our Planet. This page
is just a prelude of more to come. This is a synopsis of the main cuisines as
we all know them.
As our site progresses we will describe in depth country by
country. It is true that this is a site about travel, but part of knowing the
world is by knowing its different and tasty food.
Asparagus with Bearnaise Sauce
By Popular knowledge French Cuisine is the number #1 in the
world. Here is no such thing as one French Food. It depends on the regions of
such a vast country like France.
One thing is sure; these countries take its food preparation
seriously and dedicate the time to prepare the dishes. In other words there are
They know from which
region comes the best asparagus or the best petit pois in order to prepare the
dishes. The French shop daily for the freshest meat or poultry and of course
the freshest of vegetables.
Please Click here to Share your Story
Delicious French Chocolate Souffle
Top Dishes of the French Cuisine
- Soupe à l'oignon – Traditional French Onion Soup
- Wine – French wine is served with your meal, with cheese, or
just sitting down and enjoying the moment
- Cheese – The greatest diversity in the world
- Boeuf bourguignon – Beef Stew braised in red wine
- Chocolate soufflé – Nobody should miss this dessert
- Flamiche – Pie filled with cheese and vegetables
- Salade nicoise – Salad of lettuce, fresh tomatoes, boiled
eggs, canned tuna,.
- Confit de canard – Tasty duck legs meal
- Tarte tatin – Apple pie
- Ratatouille – Served as an appetizer or man meal. The
ingredients consist of tomatoes, garlic, onions, zucchini, eggplant, carrots,
bell peppers, basil, marjoram, thyme and other green herbs.
Top Dishes of the Japanese Cuisine
Rice is served in its own small bowl, and course item is
placed on its own small plate or bowl
for each individual portion. This is done even at home. Japanese don’t
like the idea of different dishes touching each other on one single plate.
- Brown rice sushi
- Teriyaki beef skewers with steamed rice
- Japanese crumbed pork
- Grilled salmon with wasabi mashed
- Soba salad with seaweed, ginger and vegetables
- Udon noodle soup
- Wasabi oysters
- Teriyaki chicken with noodles
- Sushi hand rolls
- Spicy prawns with wasabi and coriander mayonnaise
Assortment of Thai Food in an open market
The cuisine of Thailand is spicy and the dishes very
aromatic. It is a mix of many Asian cuisines. It is known to balance four
tastes like sour, sweet, salty, and bitter.
Top Dishes of the Thai Cuisine
- Tom Yum Goong - Spicy Shrimp Soup
- Som Tum - Spicy Green Papaya Salad
- Tom Kha Kai - Chicken in Coconut Soup
- Gaeng Daeng - Red
- Pad Thai - Thai style Fried Noodles
- Khao Pad - Fried Rice
- Gaeng Keow Wan Kai - Green Chicken Curry
- Yam Nua - Spicy Beef Salad
- Pak Boong - Morning Glory
- Kai Med Ma Muang - Chicken with Cashew Nuts
Typical Italian Lasagna has trespassed all borders
When talking about Italian food, people tend to think of
Lasagna, Pizza, cannelloni and tortellini. But Italian food is much more than
It has the characteristics of the region it comes from. You cannot
compare the Sicilian Food with the food of Tuscany. Italy is a big country and
the tradition of food has the influence of thousands of years of civilization
of Greeks, Romans and others.
Top Dishes of the Italian Cuisine
- Chicken parmigiana - Anything breaded and deep-fried with
melted cheese is going to be a hit.
- Fettuccine Alfredo - One of the heavier Italian sauces,
sticks best to wide noodles like fettuccini.
- Lasagna - The best lasagnas include plenty of ground beef,
sausage, ricotta, mozzarella and parmesean cheeses.
- Linguine with clam sauce - The best examples of this dish
come in a garlic and oil sauce and use whole clams
- Veal Marsala - Wine sauce is loaded with mushrooms and
- Chicken Saltimbocca - combines a meat, such as chicken, with
prosciutto ham, spinach, and mozzarella cheese.
- Pasta primavera - Includes any combination of vegetables
over pasta in a variety of sauces.
- Shrimp fra diavolo - Red sauce relies on crushed red pepper
- Penne alla vodka - A mixture of marinara and a cream sauce
with basil and a shot of vodka
- Spaghetti with tomato sauce - This dish is simple, has a
number of options to add, including meatballs, mushrooms, broccoli, sausage, or
Indian Dish with grains and meats
Indian Cuisine features much more vegetables than meat. Due
to the size of the country the food is very varied according to regions,
geography, climate and occupation. It is also influence by religious beliefs,
like Hinduism and vegetarianism.
Besides this the many empires that occupied India during
thousand s of years have left their influences in the Indian diet. India is a
magical paradise for people who love food. Eating Indian food is an elaborate
Top Dishes of the Indian Cuisine
- Butter Chicken - Ingredients include lime, cinnamon, garlic
paste, cumin, coriander, peppercorns, dried fenugreek, butter, and a myriad of
other delicious additives.
- Chicken Tikka Masala - Small pieces of chicken. first
marinated in a special sauce, later grilled, and finally added to a thick gravy
- Malai Kofta – Vegie balls lavishly coated in a thick, dreamy
- Palak Paneer - Main
ingredients, cottage cheese and spinach, are mixed with a myriad of spices and
cooked until soft and then mashed into a delightfully soft pulp.
- Chaat - Similar to a potato pancake, made with a carefully
blended mixture of spices.
- Tandoori Chicken- Mmarinade with chicken, yogurt, and just a
- Rogan Josh - Llamb or chicken dish served with Kashmiri
- Chole - Ingredients include chickpeas, onions, and tomatoes.
- Kaali Daal - Black lentils, or urad daal, are prepared with
onions, chillies, and a few other spices
- Naan - A traditional leavened Indian flatbread, commonly
served with almost every Indian meal.
World renowned Mexican Enchiladas
This is a spicy type. It is made of native elements to
produce tasteful meals. With the arrival of specialties like pork, lamb, beef,
wine, vinegar and cheese from Spain, the Mexican cuisine evolved, by
integrating these European elements into their own traditional meals.
Top Mexican Dishes
- Mole – Complex mix of spices of many vegetables and also
chocolate. To be served with chicken
- Tacos – Tortillas filled with anything that comes to mind,
chicken, meat and vegetables
- Tortilla – Substitutes brea on the Mexican table. It
accompanies any meal
- Burrito –Tacos filled with meat rice and vegetables
- Quesadillas – Same tortillas but cooked and fried filled
with cheese and folded in two
- Enchilada - Tacos filled with chicken, meat or cheese and
served in a heavy sauce
- Antojitos – Means anything you want to eat before or between
meals, tacos, quesadillas or molotes
- Fajitas - Grilled skirt steak, onion, and pepper into a warm
- Chicken Flautas with Black Beans – Tacos filled with rice
and beans and then fried
- Shredded Pork Tamales - Corn Tamales filled with pork
Lobster Chinese Style
The Chinese are famous for taking their food seriously and
there are very few nationalities left that can even contemplate competing with
the standard of quality portrayed through their cooking styles.
Top Chinese Dishes
- Roast duck - The best representative of Chinese cuisine.
- Kung Pao Chicken - Their rich, spicy and sweet taste is
enjoyed by all people.
- Beijing snacks - Such as Pea Cake and Ai Wo Wo
- Mapo Beancurd - it is cheap and affordable! Maybe no other
style of cooking is able to be spicy to the extreme like Sichuan dishes.
- Pork Lungs in Chili Sauce - A kind of Sichuan food you
- Crawfish with Chili - Bright red crayfish with a delicious
spicy make people give two thumbs up.
- Bullfrog - Silky smooth meat makes its taste fabulous no
matter it is with pickled pepper or water cooking.
- Dumpling – I is a symbol of traditional Chinese culture in
addition of delicious taste.
- Yangchow fried rice - It really belongs to the public. It is
from the public awareness and research. As a result of its cooking speed and
convenience, it is also very popular to ordinary people in China.
- Chinese noodle - Can be cooked with any material and adapt
to everyone’s special needs.
Spanish Paella Valenciana
Spanish cuisine consists of a variety of dishes, which stem
from differences in geography, culture and climate. It is heavily influenced by
seafood available from the waters that surround the country, and reflects the
country's deep maritime roots.
Spain's extensive history with many cultural
influences has led to an array of unique cuisines with literally thousands of
recipes and flavors. It is also renowned for its health benefits and fresh
ingredients, as Mediterranean diet.
- Sangria - Punch is made from wine, cut fresh fruit, some
sweetener, a little bit of brandy, soda and ice.
- Paella - Comes in many varieties, including mixed paella,
Valencian paella, seafood paella, vegetarian paella.
- Tapas - Choose from an exquisite variety of delicious
appetizers or snacks.
- Tortilla Española – The most famous Spanish omelets. It may
also be called Tortilla de Patata.
- Chorizo - A hard sausage used in many different meals in
Spanish cuisine. You may find it in tapas and sandwiches, and can be eaten
without any further cooking.
- Chuletillas de cordero - Lamb chops mixed with garlic and
salt are typical for the Castilla region.
- Gazpacho - Cold tomato soup. This is one of the most
refreshing Spanish appetizers.
- Espanicas a la catalane - Spinach with pine nuts is a very
healthy salad made of spinach, pine nuts, raisins, olive oil, garlic and pieces
of stale white bread.
- Pulpo a la
Gallega - A typical meal in Galicia. It is made of octopus that is first
boiled and later flavored with paprika, rock salt and olive oil.
- Patatas Bravas - Often served as tapas, this dish is made of
white potatoes cut into irregular shapes, fried in oil and served with spicy
hot tomato sauce.
Sticks of grilled Lamb in the Greek Cuisine
This is a typical Mediterranean Cuisine with influences from
Turkey, the Balkans, Italy and the Middle East
Top dishes of the Greek Cuisine
- Lamb – on a stick and grilled, cooked to perfection
- Tzatziki – A yogurt and cucumber dip, low in calories
and very tasty.
- Loukoumades – Honey and cinnamon balls like doughnuts
- Greek Salad – Known the world over for its refreshing and
- Halvas – Served all over the Middle East, a semolina,
almond, and cinnamon based desert.
- Gyros –Is a kebab, with pitta bread, grilled meat, fresh
- Koulouri - Bread covered in sesame seeds.
- Tarramasalata – A sauce made of Fish Roe
- Octopus –It is served up in a variety of ways in Greece.
- Halloumi – Grilled in a pitta, served alongside a Greek and
a side of fries
Cuban Arroz con Pollo
Please visit our page dedicated to Caribbean Cuisine
Arrollado is a typical Chilean Dish
Latin American Cuisine refers to typical foods,
beverages, and cooking styles common to many of the countries and cultures in
Latin America. Latin America is a highly diverse area of land that holds
various cuisines that vary from nation to nation.
Latin America spanning from Mexico in the north to Argentina
in the south is such a vast continent and the foods are so different, that I
elaborated a page just for that.
Please visit my page on Latin American Cuisine
images for world cuisine
japan food jwalsh
thai food mos810
india food kirti poddar
mexican enchilada jon sullivan
greek souvlaki heidi bauer
all courtesy of wikimedia commons
From World Cuisine go to European Cuisine
Go to Asian Cuisine
Go to Caribbean Cuisine
Go to Indian Cuisine
Go to Israeli Cuisine
Go to Latin American Cuisine
Go to Moroccan Cuisine
Go to Travel Insiders Guide Home Page
Copyright Travel Insiders Guide 2012 - 2017